The View From Here

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

postcards from the edge(sort of)

Hey, how's it going?

My name is...well, I'm not sure what my name is yet. Mom & Dad had this picture taken yesterday, but they weren't told whether I'm a boy or a girl (I can't really tell either, to tell you the truth; it's a bit cramped in here). It's hard to make out, but from what I hear, they were supposed to find out today, but the Doctor doesn't appear to be answering his phone. So, they might find out tomorrow. And then, perhaps, I will have a name. Or maybe they'll wait until later. From what I understand, Mom & Dad are sort of procrastinators. I'll be sure to remedy that, and quickly.

Again, I'm going on eavesdropping here, but it sounds like, if I'm a boy, I will be Hunter, or maybe Alexander. But if I'm a girl, it's sort of up in the air. I could be Kendall, or Claire, or Maxine, or... well, the list goes on. It's enough to give a kid an identity crisis. Good thing I'm likely to forget most of this as soon as I'm born. Of course, there IS this blog, but I won't be able to read it until much later. Ironic, no?

Anyway, whether girl/boy, or whatever my name is, I'm here, and will try to update you on a regular basis with whats going on with me, and what I overhear from Mom & Dad. I say I'll try, because, if you think it's tough to find a Wi-Fi connection where YOU are, you should try it from here.

**UPDATE** I'm a boy. Draught beer and puck bunnies it is.

6 Comments:

At 3:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello!

So here I am living in England, and just had a crap day, and came home and got this email.... It made my day. Congrats!

Quite the noggin' that one has-- I bet he will be clever!

 
At 4:15 PM, Blogger brokenengine said...

Or have a big ego like his old man! ;)

 
At 11:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey

Congrats!! im glad to hear it, made my day, i cant wait...going to be an uncle!!!!

 
At 12:31 PM, Blogger sneaks said...

i'm going to have to teach him how to play poker ;-)

and take him to get his first "mom" tattoo!

 
At 12:31 PM, Blogger sneaks said...

i'm going to have to teach him how to play poker ;-)

and take him to get his first "mom" tattoo!

 
At 1:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd name him Ryder... That way, when he fills out government forms, he'd be "Knight, Ryder".

Am I the only one who found David Hasslehoff kewl? Just kidding... or am I?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home